Saturday, November 28, 2009

Riding the streetcar in Ybor City


I really like this image. My wife Tricia and I rode Tampa's TECO Line Streetcar from Ybor City to the Convention Center and back, just soaking up the view. It was interesting watching people from all walks of life embarking and debarking from the restored streetcars who, like me, enjoyed the fun but brief respite from walking.

This particular image was a mild challenge. Originally, I was looking only to get a shot of the driver. However, the little girl in the left of frame was thoroughly enjoying the ride with her sister and her father. I decided I needed to capture that joy and waited for her to turn around. As is the case with most children, however, they never do what you want when you want them to do it. Her eyes remained fixated out that front window! Finally, not long before my wife and I were about to get off, the little girl turned around just long enough for me to shoot this image. Sometimes, patience is truly a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment