Sunday, November 29, 2009

There's something about a Mustang and the open road...


It goes without saying that a muscle car like the Mustang belongs here, along wide stretches of road - no stoplights, no stop sign, no pedestrians, no traffic. All you have to do is set your cruise control to FAST and enjoy all the natural beauty that America has to offer.

My wife and I rented this white Ford Mustang on a recent trip to New Mexico. I stopped the car along the Turquoise Trail to get shots of the amazing scenery literally surrounding us. As I walked back to the car where Tricia patiently awaited, I saw this. What better imagery that a wild white mustang on the painted New Mexico desert! One shot was all I needed to capture this, and I don't mind telling you I'm damn proud of this one!

1 comment:

  1. To me, this is one of the most icon photos I've seen in a long time. The American muscle car, the open road, the vast expanse of the West. In my mind, it evokes images of independence, freedom, herds of mustangs roaming the plains, and determination. I love this shot!

    ReplyDelete